Disputes prohibited under Arbitration
- In any case dispute involving criminal offences are fully beyond jurisdiction of arbitration.
Even in case of civil rights following matter cannot be referred to arbitration:
- Matrimonial matters and matters connected with conjugal rights.
- Industrial disputes and revenue matters (income tax & other tax matters).
- Testamentary matters under Succession Act.
- Motor vehicle accident.
- Matters under Indian Trust Act, trusteeship of charitable institutions, public charity matters failing within the purview of monopolies and restrictive Trade Practices Act.
- Determination of guardianship or wards.
- As per section 24 of Indian Contract Act matters relating to unlawful consideration are void hence these matters cannot be referred for arbitration.
- Insolvency matters, declaring a person insolvent.
- Dissolution or winding up of a company.
- Eviction or tenancy matters.